Gaming keyboards have evolved drastically with the passage of time just like all other pc accessories and peripherals. Keyboards have gradually become more and more sophisticated in terms of efficiency and there are also wider variations to choose from.
When it comes to buying gaming keyboards, the main focus of buyers should be on ease of usage and a few other features which will be discussed in this article. Of late, there are various brands and quite a few good ones to choose from. This article will help you find the best gaming keyboard under $50 so that you can enjoy the feeling of a well made highly functional keyboard.
We will be focusing on full sized gaming keyboards in this article. Buying gaming keyboards is slightly different from buying regular keyboards, because gamers use keyboards exhaustively. Gaming keyboards need to have better design and a relatively stronger build as compared to regular ones as they have to endure rough usage over longer durations.
Here, we will start with a list of the 7best keyboards under 50 and then proceed to discuss a few important factors that should be considered while making the final choice. We have chosen to keep things relatively simple and straightforward in order to benefit the widest possible audience.
Top 7 Best Gaming Keyboards Under $50 2023
- The keyboard has a very attractive and vibrant backlight RGB design that is customizable and also comes with various presets.
- Furthermore, this gaming keyboard is equipped with interchangeable W-A-S-D keys in addition to separate keys for increasing and decreasing volume.
- The Havit Wired Gaming Keyboard also comes with a comfortable space bar key that is specifically made for gamers and gaming usage.
We start with a fine gaming keyboard from Havit which comes with a gaming mouse as a part of the package. Havit has established itself as one of the best brands for pc gaming peripherals and this particular keyboard from Havit ticks all of the boxes.
Overall this keyboard can serve gamers very well as it has a solid build quality and also a very stylish and aesthetic design with multiple options for RGB customization. It is compatible with all major operating systems starting from Windows 2000 to Windows XP, also including Windows 10 . With an overall weight of around 1.5 pounds, this keyboard is quite light by usual standards while also being heavy enough to give decent stability.
- The Redragon S101 Wired Gaming Keyboard has vibrant options for RGB customization and it comes with 7 different RGB light effects along with 4 different levels of backlight brightness adjustment.
- It comes with 25 different conflict keys. Conflict keys are those which can be pressed in various combinations without any one key settings blocked by the other. This is useful because a lot of games require you to press keys in different combinations to undertake certain specific functions.
- The keys have been specifically designed to offer a high level of tactile feedback which is always useful while playing games.
Redragon is one of the most popular and trusted brands when it comes to gaming accessories and peripherals for various games. . The Redragon S101 Wired Gaming Keyboard is another example of the efficiency and quality that has become a hallmark feature of different Redragon products.
We have heard a lot of positive things about this keyboard and we have enough evidence to consider this keyboard as one of the top contenders for the title of the best gaming keyboard under 50. The Redragon S101 Wired Gaming Keyboard comes with a total body weight of around 2.5 pounds which is a very balanced weight in terms of stability. This keyboard is compatible with a 2.0 standards USB as well as with a 3.0 USB port as well.
- The major highlight of the Razer Cynosa Chroma is that it gives you the scope to execute ten different commands simultaneously due to its inbuilt key roller feature
- Keys are also equipped with an anti-ghosting feature that reduces input lag and gives higher response.
- According to many user reports and feedback, the keys have an 80 million click threshold and the product is covered by 2 years warranty.
The Razer Cynosa Chroma is our next gaming keyboard in our quest to find the best backlit keyboard under 50. Most gamers prefer the visual aesthetic design of backlit keyboards for their gaming requirements and this particular keyboard ticks a lot of boxes for hardcore as well as ocassional gamers.
Razer is rated as the most popular pc peripheral for gamers in the US. This keyboard is classed as one of their best products owing to the various options for personalization and customization which is a major reason for the keyboard’s success in consumer markets. The programmable macro mechanism also gives wide ranging options while exercising complex commands that are often a requirement during gaming.
- The whisper quiet gaming switches provide an ideal noise free gaming experience and are most suited for people who do not like the noise of mechanical keyboards.
- It also comes with dedicated media control buttons that lets you adjust volume and other associated controls with utmost ease.
- The RGB setup is also highly rated by many users because of its 10-zone illumination scheme that provides a wide variety of delightful colour schemes and special lighting effects.
The SteelSeries Apex 3 is our next addition to the list of best keyboards under 50 that you can buy in the current market. This keyboard comes in different varieties of switches.
As per our analysis, the SteelSeries Apex 3 is a very good gaming keyboard that has good prior ratings by many registered users and has been dutifully serving the needs of casual and heavy gamers for some time with utmost sincerity. Weighing approximately 3 pounds, it is slightly on the heavier side. However, this is not an issue as it is built to be used as part of a stationary PC gaming setup.
- The software support provided with this keyboard is one of its most celebrated aspects. Corsair’s very own iCUE software is perfectly set up to give total control of RGB lighting effects and macro programming of keys along with synchronization with other Corsair devices.
- The Corsair K55 also offers added usefulness of dedicated media buttons which makes smart control options possible in case of gaming and other activities.
- The dedicated media keys of this keyboard are relatively noiseless during operation. This feature is very popular among users.
Corsair is one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the field of pc components and peripherals globally. It has built up its repertoire of sleek functional devices offering good value for money.
The Corsair K55 is one of the best gaming keyboard under $50. We have heard a lot of positive things about this keyboard and its smart control setup is next to none. . The Corsair K55 is a highly recommended ideal gaming keyboard.
- The G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard has a very good build that is sturdy and rock solid. The design has been specifically catered to the needs and requirements of gamers.
- The Logitech gaming software used with this keyboard gives a plethora of different options for customization and personalization.
- Integrated palm rest helps reduce fatigue and wrist pain associated with long extended hours of continuous usage.
Logitech is one of the most trusted brands in the field of pc components and accessories. and Its G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard has been hailed as a superb option for budget gamers.
Most gamers are well acquainted with the quality of Logitech products. It perfectly combines the aspects of functionality and aesthetics and manages to tick all the boxes that gamers ask for. The dedicated media controls coupled with other features makes this product a must have.
- This is a specially designed compact keyboard having all the 89 essential keys. This makes it simple and easy to use in tight spaces.
- The RGB backlight options comprises 14 different backlight modes and another 11 surrounding modes.
- It is extremely simple and easy to use with normal plug and play features and is compatible with all modern operating systems starting from Windows 2000.
At number 7, Havit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is another strong contender for the title of the best mechanical gaming keyboard under 50. This mechanical keyboard from Havit has all the elements to be a gamer’s perfect companion Some of its important aspects are:
We have already spoken about Havit and its popularity in the US and worldwide markets as a manufacturer of pc parts. With this keyboard, it has managed to strike gold once again and the number of features on offer makes this a great value buy for budget gamers. It gives you different options for adjusting brightness and lighting effects as well, which acts as the icing on the cake.
Factors To Consider Before Buying A Gaming Keyboard
Buying a gaming keyboard is more challenging than initially expected as there are a few things that potential buyers should weigh carefully before taking the final decision. In this section, we will try and discuss a few of these factors in detail.
One of the most fundamental questions while buying any computer accessories is the wired vs wireless question. Of course both these types are used in the case of gaming and of late, more and more gaming keyboards are being released in the wireless format.
Wireless keyboards use bluetooth technology and a nano-USB adaptor to send input signals to the pc, so that it may get represented on your computer screen. WIreless keyboards are obviously much more user friendly in terms of convenience as it can be used from different distances and can also be carried with ease during travels.
On the other hand, wired gaming keyboards are still very much the standard in pc gaming for most gamers. The reasons for this are quite a few.
- The major reason why a lot of the gamers still prefer wired over wireless keyboards is because of the price factor. It is highly likely that if you are a pc gamer, you are not thinking about moving your keyboard or your setup frequently.. For this reason, a standard mechanical wired keyboard that has good build quality is at the top of the agenda for gamers. The extra price is not really worth paying for a mechanical gaming keyboard which comes with a wireless feature.
- Another important factor to take into consideration is that wireless keyboards generally have higher input lag and this is an issue for most gamers. Although this lag will not hugely impact the gaming experience of most casual gamers, it often makes a big difference for people who play online multiplayer games in a competitive setup. Wired keyboards are able to transfer the input signals at a faster pace than wireless ones.
Ergonomic considerations are not as critical as in the case of gaming keyboards as it might be for regular keyboards. However, there are a few factors to be considered while choosing keyboards of different weights and sizes. Simple things such as the amount of desk space that can be allocated for keyboard and mouse, needs to be carefully considered before buying a keyboard that may potentially lead to space crunch.
Length of the keyboard is another important factor in this category of wired keyboards. Wired keyboards are equipped with USB cable that allows you to connect it to your desktop or laptop. Problems faced while using a short cable is similar to that of a longer one since wire has to be routed around the desk space.
Another major issue in the case of ergonomics is the weight of the keyboard itself. However, durability of the keyboard is to be considered at the same time.
For example, keyboards having an aluminium frame are a bit more solid and durable but slightly heavier . Additionally, some keyboards are equipped with a metal frame underneath the body that makes them more durable but considerably heavier.
If you wish to go for a lightweight keyboard, then an anti-sliding pad underneath the keyboard gives higher stability during intense gaming. Ultimately, at the end of the day, it is a matter of personal choice and a heavier keyboard won’t necessarily make a huge difference to your capacity as a gamer.
3. Types Of Switches
This factor is one of the most discussed and debated about when it comes to the feasibility of any particular gaming keyboard. In this context, it is important to understand the difference between a mechanical and a membrane keyboard.
A mechanical keyboard has actual physical switches which are hidden underneath the respective keycaps whereas a membrane keyboard is devoid of any physical switches.
In terms of gaming feasibility, it is common knowledge that mechanical keyboards give better tactile feedback while playing games and also during typing. Some games require you to mash certain buttons repeatedly to undertake specific functions. This is much easier to achieve in the case of mechanical keyboards.
Mechanical keyboards have different switches as well. Some have higher audio feedback than others and this is something to consider if you prefer to have low audio feedback on your devices.
For example,CHerry MX switches have the best tactile feedback but higher audio feedback whereas Outemu switches have decent tactile feedback along with comparatively less audio feedback. Topre switches are considered to have the lowest audio feedback that is preferred by some gamers.
Mechanical keyboards are comparatively expensive than membrane keyboards but they are also more fulfilling to use on a regular basis for gamers as well as typers. We also have a lot of keyboards which use gaming-grade keys which are membrane keyboards that have a much better tactile response as compared to regular membrane keyboards.
FAQs on Gaming Keyboards Under $50
1. Are Mechanical Keyboards Better For Gaming?
Most gamers prefer using mechanical keyboards because they tend to be more durable, fast and tactile. These tend to have a better response to keystrokes and also provide stronger feedback.
However, they are also more expensive and louder compared to the membrane keyboards. The noise is preferred by some gamers for an immersive gaming experience. Thus, you need to be aware of your requirements and decide whether a mechanical keyboard suits better.
2. Why Are Gaming Keyboards So Loud?
Gaming keyboards tend to be much louder than membrane keyboards. This is because gaming keyboards do not have a sheet of rubber covering the actuation switches and hence the noise is not dampened as in other kinds of keyboards.
3. What Should I Look For While Buying A Gaming Keyboard?
There are quite a few factors that you must look into while buying a gaming keyboard. These include the key rollover, anti-ghosting features, the switch types, the build quality, backlighting, cost and so on. The build matters a lot because a gamer engages in frantic button-smashing that can be quite hard on regular keyboards. Only a sturdy keyboard designed specially for gaming can handle this.
4. Can I Get A Left-handed Gaming Keyboard?
Unfortunately, there are very few left handed gaming keyboards available in the market.. However, most left-handed gamers are able to play on right-handed setup. This is due to the interchangeable WASD keys and arrows.
5. How To Clean A Gaming Keyboard?
It is best to clean the keyboard from time to time to avoid the accumulation of dirt that can be difficult to get rid of. Rubbing alcohol around each key does a fine job of cleaning the keyboard. The cloth used must be dry and lint-free. Using a toothpick might help for extremely dirty spots.
The article tried to unearth the best gaming keyboard under 50 and there were exceptional contenders for the title.. It dealt with a short introduction on gaming keyboards and their various types.This was followed by a list of carefully compiled gaming keyboards that represent the best value for money in this price range based on the price to performance ratio.
A survey of numerous online reviews and user ratings of these products were taken before deciding to add them as a part of the final list. All the keyboards in this list have some very enticing features and we have carefully listed out the pros and cons so that you can make the most informed choice.
The next section addressed some of the most crucial factors that should be taken into consideration while narrowing down choices regarding which gaming keyboard is the best. Make sure to read the section carefully and research further if needed. .