iPads are great devices for productivity, but typing on a small keyboard can be a challenge. Fortunately, there are ways to make the keyboard bigger on your iPad, making typing easier and more comfortable. In this article, we’ll explore some tips and tricks to make the keyboard bigger on your iPad.
1. Adjust Keyboard Size in Settings
The easiest way to make the keyboard bigger on your iPad is to adjust the keyboard size in the settings. Here’s how:
1. Go to Settings on your iPad.
2. Tap on General.
3. Select Keyboard.
4. Tap on Keyboard Size.
5. Drag the slider towards the right to make the keyboard bigger.
You can also use the split keyboard feature to make the keyboard bigger. To enable the split keyboard, tap and hold on the keyboard icon in the bottom right corner of the keyboard and select Split.
2. Use a Third-Party Keyboard
If you’re still having trouble typing on the iPad’s keyboard, you can try using a third-party keyboard. There are many third-party keyboard apps available on the App Store that offer a bigger keyboard and additional features.
Some popular third-party keyboard apps include Gboard, SwiftKey, and Fleksy. These apps offer features like swipe typing, predictive text, and themes, as well as a larger keyboard that can make typing on your iPad easier and more comfortable.
3. Connect a Bluetooth Keyboard
If you’re using your iPad for productivity tasks like writing or editing documents, you may want to consider connecting a Bluetooth keyboard. A Bluetooth keyboard can offer a more comfortable typing experience, and many models are designed to be compatible with the iPad.
To connect a Bluetooth keyboard to your iPad, follow these steps:
1. Turn on your Bluetooth keyboard and put it in pairing mode.
2. On your iPad, go to Settings.
3. Tap on Bluetooth.
4. Turn on Bluetooth.
5. Your iPad will search for available Bluetooth devices.
6. Select your keyboard from the list of available devices.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.
4. Use a Keyboard Case
Another option to make the keyboard bigger on your iPad is to use a keyboard case. A keyboard case is a case for your iPad that includes a built-in keyboard. This can offer a more comfortable typing experience and a larger keyboard.
There are many keyboard cases available for the iPad, ranging from budget-friendly options to high-end models. Some popular keyboard case brands include Logitech, Zagg, and Brydge.
5. Use Accessibility Features
If you have difficulty seeing or typing on the iPad’s keyboard, you can use the accessibility features to make the keyboard bigger and more visible. Here are some accessibility features you can use:
1. Zoom: This feature allows you to zoom in on the screen, making the keyboard bigger and easier to see.
2. Bold Text: This feature makes the text on your iPad bolder and easier to read.
3. Larger Text: This feature increases the size of the text on your iPad, including the keyboard.
4. Speak Auto-text: This feature speaks auto-corrections and auto-capitalizations to help you type faster and more accurately.
To enable these features, go to Settings, then Accessibility, and select the feature you want to use.
Typing on a small keyboard can be frustrating, but there are many ways to make the keyboard bigger on your iPad. Whether you adjust the keyboard size in the settings, use a third-party keyboard app, connect a Bluetooth keyboard, use a keyboard case, or use accessibility features, there’s a solution that can make typing on your iPad easier and more comfortable. Try out these tips and find the one that works best for you.